About Me

My photo
We are proud to bring you the best products from infant-adult boutique clothing,shoes and accessories. Home decor and gifts. At It's all aout moi! It's all about you! We are all about customer service. Come see us today and bring your friends!! Address 209 W. Main, Weatherford, OK 73096 Phone 580-772-1664 Hours Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's all about FzB...

The Funky Zebra Boutique Story
The FzB was never planned but evolved from years and years of crafting.  As a child, my Grandma was alway crafting.  From crotcheting to painting ceramics, her hands were always busy.  As I got older, I started tinkering with her craft supplies.  She taught me to sew, paint and made several attempts to teach me to crochet.  That is where my passion for design began.

After graduating High School, I decided to follow in my mother's footsteps. Soon I had earned my teaching certificate and was ready to begin my teaching career in Special Education.

I was a 7th grade Special Education teacher for 5 years in a low income school district 60 miles from my home. During that time, we welcomed a baby girl into our family.  

OH MY! A GIRL! 

I have never been a girly girl so the idea of putting a hairbow in my daughter's hair gave me the creeps. Really!

After our daughter turned one, I began making small, simple bows for her.  That eventually evolved into large, funKy bows.  My home began filling up with ribbon. Lots of Ribbon. So much so that I took over our spare bedroom as my craft room.

I started selling my bows on Ebay and they were a hit. I eventually did my first craft show in Terral, OK at the Watermelon Jubilee.  What a sucess.  During that time, I started tinkering with jewelry too.

Moving along, my 6th year of teaching was at a new school 10 miles from my home.  By this time, I was ready to start doing my "business" full time. My husband, on the other hand, was not convinced we could afford me quitting my job.  (You know teachers make a killing, right? LOL)  I also started this new job expecting baby #2.  

We finally welcomed our son into our family.  WAIT! That means double the amount of daycare!  Hehe......Yes, I convinced my husband to let me quit working and stay at home with the kids.  

This is the short, long story of how The FunKy Zebra Boutique came about.

Here's some examples of her work:










The Funky Zebra Boutique is exclusively located inside It's All About Moi! You can also special order bows, keychains, and jewelry by contacting her on FaceBook. She currently has a turnaround time of 4 weeks on special orders, so make sure to get your holiday orders in soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment